How to prepare for your boudoir photoshoot
How to prepare for your boudoir photo shoot
Congratulation on scheduling your boudoir photo session with Julie Moore Photography! A boudoir session is the ultimate way to celebrate your body and feminity. Please find a few tips below to help you prepare for a successful and stress free photoshoot!
Wardrobe, Lingerie & Accessories
- If the lingerie you already own doesn’t inspire you, this is the perfect opportunity to go shopping for something new and exciting. We really recommend getting fitted : lingerie boutique employees should be able to guide you in what is most flattering for your body type. But the most important is to wear something that makes you feel good, that you love and that is comfortable.
- Make sure to try all your outfits a few days before the shoot, and bring more outfits that you think you will need so we have back ups and options (5 to 7 outfits are recommended). Try to have different type of lingerie so we can have diversity
- Bring extra stockings in case we have a tear accident
- Shoes: high heels will look better than flats. We recommend a pair of black heels and a pair of nude heels. Nude heels are great and will usually make your legs look longer!
- Don’t forget to bring jewelry, hair accessories and props that are important to you
- Remove all tags and labels from clothing, shoes and accessories before your arrival
Hair, skin and nail care
- If you dye your hair, and if you want to get a haircut before your photo session, try to get it done a week before the shoot. This is also the perfect time to get your eyebrows shaped and groomed
- Please arrive with a clean and moisturized face and clean hair
- Don’t forget to shave or wax: if you wax, do so a few days before the photo shoot to avoid bumpy skin
- Please, do not use self tanner and stay out of the sun : tan lines do not look good.
- Use clear deodorant to prevent white marks on your lingerie
- Don’t skip the manicure and pedicure: reds or nude nail colors look best and will remain timeless.
- Bring some make up for touch ups during the shoot so you stay looking fresh and fabulous.
- Moisturize your skin (hands and feet included) everyday for a week before the photo session
Makeover Hair & Make Up appointment
If you are getting your hair and make up done at the studio, bring a robe or comfortable clothes to wear while the makeup artist takes care of you. A robe can also be nice to wear between outfit changes, during a break or if you are feeling shy or chilly. If you have allergies, make sure to bring your own skin products (lotion, foundation, mascara..etc) to avoid skin breakouts during the photo session.
Eat, sleep and relax
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin from the inside, and avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Eat something light but nutritious before you leave the house
- Relax: it is normal to be nervous but our team will pamper you and make you feel good throughout this amazing experience